Mechanical Project Management for Newark DOE School District Energy Program
M TO-Pros is providing mechanical project management for the Newark Board of Education ESIP (Energy Savings Improvement Program) to capture savings throughout the Newark BOE School districts, the total cost of the project is100MM (60+ Schools).
This entails installation of energy efficiency lighting, roof surfacing for solar panels, air infiltration mitigation and replacement of outdated heating and energy controls.
Our role in this project is to provide mechanical and construction project management, in addition to oversight and supervision on the BMS systems integration by Johnson Controls. In addition, this project will have roofs prepped for solar panels, replacement of steam traps, a chiller, 2 boilers from steam to natural gas to attain the required energy efficiency to name a few milestones this ESIP.
Our Sr. Mechanical Project Managers are:
- Coordinating the mechanical trades and any vendors;
- Analyzing M.E.P. drawings, specifications and peer review;
- Managing the budget and schedule;
- Attending weekly, coordination and, ad hoc meetings for proper meeting documentation.
- Troubleshooting on site, and integration of the mechanical systems with all components of the build out.
M To-Pros is also providing all the project controls and documentation, managing submittals, and coordinating with subs, master scheduler and AIA requisition review of anticipated costs.
New York School Construction Authority
M TO-PROS was engaged to provide site supervision and status reports by Gordian on several schools through Brooklyn and Manhattan.
M TO-PROS worked side by side with the Gordian Group providing the necessary support to identify any potential issues that could prevent the opening of the schools on time.
M TO-Pros reviewed the documents and identified any ADA issues or discrepancies between documents and work performed.
In Addition, we closely monitored aggressive construction schedules and ensured that all the necessary approvals for the Contractor were given to proceed in a timely manner. Other duties included:
- Assisting in selection of best approach on the repair of existing benches and damaged infrastructure to be cost effective.
- Monitoring contractors to ensure completion of work and satisfactory punch list completion and close out.
- Review of design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes
- Recommending actions to architect and owner to limit change orders.
- Leading the procurement review and selection for the design consultant team.
- Monitoring compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications.